BSc in Information Systems and Management from the University of London
Universum College is the first institution of higher education in Kosovo that offers international study program from the University of London. Currently, Universum College is providing instructions for the program BSc in Information Systems and Management, which have started since 2013/2014 academic year. This program is directed by LSE (London School of Economics and Political Sciences). The main role of Universum College is to engage local professors to give lectures but all the study materials are totally controlled and administered by the staff of the International Programs of the University of London.
Hence, Universum College plays the role of an instructor for Kosovar students, in which they receive diplomas from the University of London. Universum College will not issue any certificate or diploma to students. Students only will attend lectures at the College Universum. The lectures are delivered by professors of the University of London International Programmes. The examinations of studnets willl be held at the Center or the British Council in Kosovo (Prishtina). These exams are then sent to London in order to be evaluated by professors of LSE.
All exams are examined and evaluated by academics / professors of LSE to provide the same standard as for students studying at LSE. The Exams are held once a year, in May / June at the local centers in over 190 countries as well as in London. The student will pay a fee for exam to the local center.
International Programs of the University of London – Economics, Management, Finance and Social Science (LSE academic direction)
University of London is one of the greatest universities of the world. A federation of 18 world-class Colleges and 10 specialized institutes, its reputation of high academic standards that has built through teaching and outstanding research of Colleges since 1836. Academic degrees of the University of London are recognized internationally recognized by governments, universities, employers and professional bodies ranks highest quality academic.
Since 1858, all international academic programs of London University have been accessible to students worldwide. Over the years, many extraordinary people who have studied at the international program of University of London have shaped our world. From former students they are included seven Nobel Laureates, leaders of the Commonwealth countries, government ministers, renowned authors, academics, judges and business leaders. Today, the International programs of the University of London, has over 52,000 students in more than 190 countries worldwide.
LSE is a specialized university with an international intake and a global reach. Research and teaching reflects the full breadth of the social sciences, from economics, politics and law to the sociology, anthropology, accounting and finance. Founded in 1895 by Sidney and Beatrice Webb, LSE has an outstanding reputation not only for academic excellence but also for broad engagement with the world of policy, government and business.
Upon successful completion of their studies, students receive an academic degree or diploma from the University of London. These academic degree standards are on the same level as the standards of academic awards made to students studying at LSE. Certifications that students receive through graduation will state that the student is registered at the University of London and granted a diploma from the University of London. He will also declare that examinations are conducted by the LSE.
You can find out more about the International Programs of the University of London:
The program is totally based on the brochure for university studies in Economics, Management, Finance and Social Sciences for the year 2013-2014, which is published by the University of London, International Programs. The selection of courses is done by the University of London in collaboration with the director of the program, which in this case is the London School of Economics and Political Sciences. The curriculum of the program is presented in the table below. This program is administered entirely by the University of London International Programmes and all student assessments are made by professors this program. Also, it is worth to mention that the program duration is 3 years, but if students can not complete this program within a defined 3 years, then they will be able to continue it for 8 years. More information about the program and learning outcomes can be found on the website of the University of London International Programs.
|Program||BSc in Information and Management Systems|
|Bsc, Bachelor of Science|
|Regular enrollment||Regular enrollment (3 years)|
|Level of the program||Bachelor of Science|
|Institution||University of London, International Programs|
|Academic Department||London School of Economics and Political Studies (LSE)|
|Study location||Universum College in Kosovo|
|Courses/Elective courses||Please visit the website of the structure of courses|
|Deadline for application||Please visit the application website|
|Double degree||Possible with additional fee|
Summary of the program:
This scale studies information systems as technical and social phenomena. It provides required skills by managers in solving organizational and business problems using information and communication (ICT). It would also provide a broad understanding of the social impact of technology, which is shaping our world today.
The education system in Kosovo is based on the belief that higher education provides the foundation for its future through social, economic and welfare state and its citizens.
The program will fulfill a number of priorities addressed below:
- Economic growth – today’s economy needs the expertise of professionals in the field of Information and Management Systems to support and promote economic growth in Kosovo. This program will prepare students who have such expertise
- The opportunity – Low cost of tuition fees makes it affordable and convenient for students – this is when comparing studies in UK as an international student. With this program our students receive top-class education for reasonable and affordable prices.
- The access – offered program enables students to access education at an institution with an international reputation, while at the same time saving on other costs.
- Compliance with our mission statement – which is to provide high quality educational opportunities and services accessible and affordable for Kosovo and international students through excellence in teaching, lifelong learning, applied research, and building partnership in order students to be thoughtful, to be responsible and successful citizens which will support economic development of Kosovo and the region.
Based on the reputation of the University of London /International Programs, it is an increasing demands of students from Kosovo to study at a British university, and in particular for IT courses. Our management has decided to apply for candidacy for the program and the Management Information Systems (BSc) offered by the University of London/ International Programs , under the academic department of the London School of Economics (LSE).
Is this program convenient for you ?
- This program is convenient if:
- You want to gain the skills required by managers in solving organizational and business problems using information and communication;
- You want to study Information Systems as technical and social phenomenon;
- You wants to know how society and organizations use information and communication technologies.
Reasons to study this program:
- Program structure
- The degree consists of 12 courses when taken through the Standard Route and 9 courses taken through Degree Route. This is a double degree in Information Systems and Management.
- Prestige and career development
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) provides academic direction for this program. LSE is considered as an excellent and innovative academic social science center.
- This degree will prepare for a career in management information systems in any of the Software’s agency, the management consultancy specializing in ICT and information systems.
- Flexible study with reasonable cost
- You have the opportunity to finish the program between 3-8 years. Fees should be paid during the learning process and not all at once.
|BSc in System Information and Management|
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|IS1060||Introduction to Information Systems||IS2062||Information Systems Development and Management||IS3139||Software Engineering: Theory and Application|
|MN1107||Introduction to Business and Management||IS2138||Principles and Perspectives of Information and Communication Technologies||IS3159||Research Projects in Information Systems|
|IS1168||Introduction to Computer Systems Architecture Programming||MN3075||Human Resource Management||IS3167||Management and e-Business Innovation|
|IR1011||Introduction to International relation, or||DV3165||Management development, or||MN3077||Management: International and Comparative Perspectives, or|
|SC1021||Principles of sociology||SC2145||Social Research Methods||MN3141||Principles of Marketing|
- Elective courses – will be reviewed and may have any changes according to the International Programs of the University of London.
If you are interested for these courses, please contact us.
- The structure shown above should be confirmed according to the regulations of the academic year 2013-2014. Regulations also contain full details on the rules governing the choice of any course, including preconditions.
- Students already enrolled in the program must consult the current Regulations section of the University of London , the International Web site.
- To be eligible for a degree award, you should try to pass a minimum 10 courses out of 12 the total (this will result in a decrease in the generation of the degree award). You must successfully pass all 9 courses eligible to get the degree.
- In your first year of study you need to demonstrate the capacity for success in Level 4 (100) and before proceeding to level 5 (200) or 6 (300). For more information, please contact us.
- Information papers are updated each year in which students should ensure that they have read the information paper correctly for their year of study. Information papers for 2013-14 will be available by mid-2013.
- Students can switch any time in our academic programs. For more details, please go to the section “Option Change”.
- In order to obtain an additional degree from Universum College, students must complete a number of additional courses. Selection of additional courses will be chosen at a meeting with the leaders of our academic programs. Please have a look to the section of our website regarding programs and course offerings.
Optional courses held at the LSE in London:
LSE Summer School is held every year, usually from early July to mid-August. It offers a range of stimulating and challenging courses, allowing you to take a period of intensive study in interested areas. It will be available with an additional salary.
For more information, please visit the link below: http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/summerschool/
What should I do if I do not like the program as I thought?
- Once you are accepted into the program, and you find that this program is not relevant for you, you have the opportunity to change the program and to choose among our accredited programs:
- BA in Management and Business;
- BSc in Computer Science;
- BA in Public Administration, International Relation and European Studies.
- If you not accepted to the program in management information systems (because you have failed to achieve good results in the IELTS, English language test or graduation, or test results in Math or English), you will be able to apply for our programs above;
- We will calculate in our program your ECTS from the International Programs of the University of London. You will meet with the program director or coordinator to discuss your options for transition to the above programs and possible additional courses that you’ll need to switch to change the program;
- Fess and charges for our program can be found in our web site;
- Program structure can also be found in our web site.
When are ready you will take the written examinations. These are set and marked by our academics and ensure that your work is evaluated with the same standard as students at the LSE. Exams are held once a year, in May / June at the local centers in over 190 countries as well as in London. You will pay a fee for your local test center (this fee will vary).
For most of the courses, the written exam will last three hours (or two-hour for each semi- course). For these courses a project or paper is important which is caounted for assessment:
- IS1060 Introduction to Information Systems
- IS3139 Software engineering: Theory and application
- GY3157 Geographical Independent Study
- IS3159 Research project in Information Systems.
It is important to note that all examinations will be held at the British Council in Pristina. At the meeting of the British Council in Kosovo, you will also be able to take the IELTS exam. Centers for examinations can be found here: global examination centers.
All examination papers are sent back to London (LSE) for evaluation. Results will be available online adn students have the opportunity to take the evaluation feedback. Students are advised then to come and discuss evaluation feedback at Universum College.
More information about the exams and assessments, please visit the link: http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/exams
Otherwise you can contact us.
What it helps you to pass the exams?
- The support of Universum staff for the application procedure;
- Students will take manuals with learning guidelines and they will have access to the online library of University of London, International Programs;
- Students will receive additional instruction from the University of London, International Programs;
- Students will attend lectures for each course from our local teachers on our campus in Pristina;
- Students will have access to the library and facilities of Universum Universum College;
- Students will have the support for Math and English by Universum Staff;
- Students will have the support of the Career Center of Universum College;
- Students (if they wish to) can attend courses from academic programs of Universum;
- Students can participate in EFL UNIVERSUM (EFL =english language);
- Students will receive support for job applications and CV writing from our Career Center;
- Students will receive instructions to be submitted into the program (IELTS in British Council in Kosovo).
Which are the entry requirements?
- The matura exam must be passed. It is preferably with high grades in the core subjects: in English, Math, Albanian, Science and IT;
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) should be passed with the total score of at least 6.0 and with a minimum of 5.5 in each sub-test;
- TOEFL test scoring from 580 (or 237 in CBT) plus the written English test (TWE) scoring from 4.5 (or 4.5 in CBT);
- High grades in Math and English.
For detailed information of admission requirements of the program, please visit the link: Am I Qualified? For detailed documentation on qualifications for admission please visit Accepted qualification [PDF].
You can apply for IELTS course and examination in British Council in Kosovo
For more information, please contact or visit us.
How much does it cost?
|Fees||Academic Year||GBP x 1.803||Fees of Universum College|
|Application and the support for application||£ 72,00||85 EUR||10.00 EUR|
|Enrollment||£ 675,00||797 EUR||0.00 EUR|
|Admission to Exam (for each course)||£ 200,00||236 EUR||0.00 EUR|
|Exam addition (for half of the course)||£ 100,00||118 EUR||0.00 EUR|
|For continuous enrollment||£ 330,00||389 EUR||0.00 EUR|
|The total for Bsc.||£ 3.807,00||4493 EUR||4.500.00 EUR|
|Others ( implemented )||0.00 EUR|
|Extra fees for students who take courses in law (for the course)||£ 44,00||52 EUR||0.00 EUR|
|For the enrollment of prior learning (for full courses))||£ 72,00||85 EUR||0.00 EUR|
|Preparation courses for Math and support for IELTS and TOEFL||£ 0||0 EUR||149.99 EUR|
- For more information, please contact us.
Veterrniku p.n. 10000,
Tel. +381 38 544 210
Application dates and places
|Application starts||1 st October|
|Last deadline||30 th November|
|Study materials||After we accept the enrollment form|
|Exam timeline||May – June|
|Vendet e mësimit dhe afatet e fundit për Universum|
|Universum College||Prishtina, Ulpiana Campus|
|Hapja e regjistirmit||31st May|
|Enrollment closed||05th June|
|Math and English courses||10th June – 10 August|
|Support for IELTS and TOEFL||10 th June- 10 the September|
|Application at the University of London||10 th June – 10 th September|
For more detailed information please contac or visit us: