The curricula designed for Digital Media program focuses on providing the most advanced teaching, learning and assessment methodologies that are contemporary and designed to enhance the student learning experience, while at the same time developing their necessary hard and soft skills that are necessary to find a job in various fields involving digital journalism, writing , media managemnt and such.
At the completion of the program, we aim to achieve the following specific objectives:
• Develop a competent, ethical and professional cadre of young journalist who are able to respond to the ever increasing demand for quality information in our society and abroad.
• Integrate knowledge from the theoretical and practical aspects of digital journalism into the golden triangle (skills knowledge and attitudes) of young professionals.
• Demonstrate general knowledge, cultural competence and adaptability in working with various people, situations and environments.
• Apply high ethical standards and values in providing, selecting and classifying information to public.
• Use critical thinking, and evidence-based practice and research findings in information providing
• Form interdisciplinary collaborative relationships to improve professional work networking
• Apply skills of information technology and information management effectively in professional work environment
• Analyze ways governmental, institutional and professional policies directly and indirectly influence the public information.
|1||M||Fundamentals of Journalism||2||1||6|
|2||M||Introduction to News and Basic News|
|3||M||Fundamentals and history of Mass|
|4||M||Press and Society||2||1||6|
|Choose one of the following Courses:|
|1||M||Principles of Multimedia Journalism||2||1||5|
|2||M||Writing for Digital Media||2||2||6|
|4||M||Digital theory and Skills||2||1||5|
|5||M||Introduction to Audio & Video||1||2||5|
|6||E||Choose one of the following Courses: English III|
German III-IV Social Marketing Academic Writing
|1||M||Editing for Journalism||2||2||7|
|2||M||Feature and Magazine writing||2||2||7|
|3||M||Online and Social Media Strategies||1||2||6|
|4||M||Ethics and Global Journalism||2||1||6|
|Choose one of the following Courses:|
|1||M||Idea development and Media writing||2||2||6|
|2||M||Media and Culture||2||2||6|
|3||M||Internship and Career Orientation||2||2||8|
|4||M||Computer – Assisted Journalism||1||2||6|
|Choose one of the following courses:|
|1||M||Digital Marketing Production||2||2||6|
|2||M||Advanced Digital Media production:|
|3||M||Photojournalism and Visual Story|
|5||E||Choose one of the following courses: English V|
|1||M||Legal regulations and digital|
|2||M||Advanced Applied Digital Journalism||2||2||6|
|3||M||Public Affairs Reporting and Writing||2||1||5|
The program of Digital Journalism represents also a discipline which has now clearly shaped the market and professionals within this occupation can expect to develop some clear marketable skills for the market needs. It is worth emphasizing that the diverse character of digital journalism has enabled the creation of several new professions within the area which as a result can lead to various job opportunities. Some of the jobs that are related to the students who have a degree in digital journalism include: journalist, media writer, digital writer, multimedia writer, reporter, investigative reporter, broadcaster, editor, photojournalists and others. Furthermore, technological advances with the passing of time are expected to add to the diversity of occupations associated to with the program of digital journalism.
Students from Universum College can go to study abroad for 4 to 5 months.
WHO CAN APPLY?
All students who are enrolled as students at Universum College may apply for Erasmus+ Mobility Programs. Study exchange opportunities are available to each study cycle:
– First study cycle (Bachelor or equivalent)
– Second study cycle (Master or equivalent)
– Third study cycle (Doctoral level)
Please note that Erasmus Student Mobility is carried out in the framework of Inter-Institutional Agreements between home (Universum) and host institutions (universities where you wish to apply for a semester). This means that before being able to apply, you should check whether Universum College has a partnership with the university where you wish to continue your studies. To do this, have a look at the list of universities with whom we collaborate.
-At least 5 completed exams at Universum College
– Active participation in extra-curricular activities organized by Universum College
– English Language knowledge (B1 or B2, as set by the host university)
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
– English Language Certification (TOEFL or Anglia Examination)
– Transcript of records in English (get this from Student Services)
– Passport copy
– 1 photo (300pix; size – 3*4 cm; file – .jpg)
The normal minimum entry requirements for a candidate to be eligible for admission to the College’s courses are set out in the General Entry Requirements contained in the Prospectus. However, the absolute minimum criteria for a student to be admitted to this academic program, is that all students are expected to have successfully completed high school and have passed the national test (matura). In addition, in order to be enrolled in our program, all applicants are required to bring the following documents:
– Birth certificate
– Diploma and secondary school certificate
Legalized documents issued by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology of the Republic of Kosovo for all those who have completed their education outside of the Republic of Kosovo
– Completing the application procedures at Universum College
– The contract of the study program if they meet eligibility criteria
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Valon Murati
ACADEMIC DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL JOURNALISM AT UNIVERSUM COLLEGE